Conformation handling and obedience classes are not sponsored by the Charleston Kennel Club, but are available.
They are held on Thursday evenings in the Armory in the Danny Jones Complex in North Charleston.
Refer to our Home Page for directions.
Conformation Handling Classes
Dawn Wiseman-Adams currently instructs conformation classes. Dawn is available by eMail. The cost for each session is $6, with an additional $1 for each dog you bring. Please plan ahead and bring correct change, if possible.
Handling classes are from 7:15 to 8:45 PM.
Obedience classes are conducted by Annette Howe. To contact Annette, please call after 5:30 PM at 766-6977 for class information, cost and to register for the next class. Advanced Obedience and Rally are also available.
Beginner obedience classes are from 7 - 7:45 PM
Advanced obedience / Rally are from 8 - 8:45 PM
There is a special discount for rescue animals.
The following is applicable for all classes:
- For those who haven’t attended a class before, your puppy or dog MUST be current on its vaccinations.
- Please bring your own supplies to pick up after your dog if they have an accident. You are also responsible for picking up after your dog outside. We’ve trained at this facility for many years, and it must be kept clean.
- Bring water for your dog as well. It can be very humid inside and outside.
- If your dog is large and/or rambunctious, DO NOT allow it to jump at or on the puppies, young dogs or other handlers. Your dog must learn how to behave while at a show, and this is the perfect place to begin. It’s unfair to frighten smaller or younger dogs, and will not be tolerated. Respect others. It’s okay to allow your dog to say hello to others, but please show good sportsmanship and ask the handler first.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, both for your own safety and that of your dog.
If you’re interested in information about the Charleston Dog Training Club or the Lowcountry Dog Agility Club, please refer to our Resources/Links page.